Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Day, New Year

So here we are in 2011. I have set some very high expectations for myself. For those who care to join me, we are going to venture through this year as I try to be live better and be better. I'm under no delusions. I know I will slip up, and in some cases, outright fail. I'm looking forward to seeing what and who will impact me in the next 12 months.

I began my "vegetarian year" today at the Boone Bagelry in Boone, NC. It wasn't difficult. I ate well, all day,  and am satisfied...for now.

We drove home in a fog which seemed to belie the start of something new. We were greeted by the children with "too-tight" hugs and sloppy kisses. My mother was eager for her shift to end.  Now we resume the routine. I worry that it will be just that - routine.  I am both filled with eager expectation and apprehension about the coming year. I am not afraid that things will change. It is more terrifying to think that they won't. That I won't. That growth will be stunted. I am in my restless state again. I do this a few times a year.

At this moment,  I do what makes me feel in-control. I make endless lists, fill in calendars, map things out, and pray that this year, I will not completely lose it every time things veer off-course.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so very proud of you. Keep it up! You are a natural. Fondly, Juli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great first post. Can't wait for more...perhaps one of my New Year's Resolutions. I have never followed a blog before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything that begins with Boone Bagelry is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete