Saturday, January 8, 2011

Miles to Go

This morning I attended a training for coaches for a wonderful organization called "Girls on the Run." I am  very much looking forward to coaching the middle school girls this year. I am starting to recommit to healthier living and regular exercise. The outer is coming along quite nicely. The inner needs much work, still.

"Things fall apart. The center can not hold."
-T.S. Eliot

My "center" did not hold at all today. I had to come to the realization that as of today, inner peace is not coming along so well. It will, but I underestimated the power of the things I would have to unearth to get to that stage. I simply thought I could speak it into being. I forgot how messy it can be to deal with the past. I underestimated, too, the power of issues swept under the rug so carefully each day. There is much cleaning to be done.

1 comment:

  1. Clean that house out girl. Clear your mind and let the miles flow like water in a river.

    ReplyDelete